Monday, May 28, 2007

Week Thirty-two

05.28.07


Memorial day. Had the day off. Decided to make a nice breakfast.
I don't remember what these are called exactly but for now I'll call them "egg in a basket". They're really simple to make: Just make a dimple into the middle of a slice of bread, break an egg, cover with whatever (in this case tomato + colby), salt, pepper, 350F for about 10 min or until bread = toast and egg whites are cooked.
These came out ok but I cooked them for too long -- I like the yolk to be a little more runny -- and they were missing something green, like asparagus or green onion. Cilantro? Beside that they cost me dearly - a chunk off my index finger's knuckle. I was a little too enthusiastic in my cheese shredding. I won't go into gruesome details. Lets just say, I have no kind of dermis left. Ouch!

05.27.07


One of the many murals in Philly. This one on the walls of an overpass above I-76. I've been pondering my next picture oriented project and decided that it may be about all the (or most, I should say) murals throughout the city. There are at least 2700 of them. OK, maybe just my favorites. This is hardly a novel idea. Maybe I'm just being sentimental about Philly in general. Who knows where we'll land next year.

05.26.07


Shadows, lines, the man I wake up next to. Need I say more?

05.25.07


Shoes. Shoes. Lets get some shoes.

05.24.07


My books are here and I can't start reading them. I promised.

05.23.07


During lunch, on the green square, while Megan gives me that look. You know, oh that picture thing again look.

05.22.07


On my walk home from work, I looked down.

No comments: