Tuesday, May 15, 2007

On Being an Independent

Today is the Philadelphia primary for the Mayoral Election and perhaps one of the only occasions where it sucks to be registered as an independent.
No voice for me.
Philly is pretty much a Dem town (5 candidates running for Dem party). Unless one of these guys decides to run as an independent after today (I don't know the logistics of that and whether this is even possible), the choice will be made today.

In other news, I'm at work and wondering why the hell I'm here. I thought I felt better but quickly loosing energy. I hope my workaholic guilt (the little bit that I have that is) won't bite me on the ass tomorrow. It doesn't help that it's evaluation time. I expletive hate expletive expletive self evaluations (open avenue for self deprication or self exaltion -- either way you loose). I'm not in the habit of censoring my blog from four letter words but using them right now would just be too obvious and I'm afraid you wouldn't grasp just how much I hate them.

In other other news, I saw the most depressing documentary on Sundance last night. It's called Shakespeare Behind Bars and is about inmates in a Louisville prison who put on a Shakespeare play every year. This particular year it was The Tempest. The documentary came out in 2005 so all you NetFlix/BlockBuster people can most likely rent it. It's worth it. Not just because of Shakespeare but because there is so much tragedy and so much heart in the lives of these men who we often forget are men at all.

No comments: