Monday, April 23, 2007

Week Twenty-seven

I love, love, love spring. I think this past week's pictures clearly state that. If there's one thing I am grateful for in this whole Philadelphia venture, is the experience of what spring is all about.
The first three pictures are of the various fauna I encounter during my daily walk to and from work -- the bio-pond, a neighborhood garden, and Hamilton Walk.
On Friday, after drinks at Ten Stone, we walked over to Rittenhouse Square. It was beautiful and everyone was out. While taking pictures of random children, I caught this lady walking by and her leg, perhaps a little bit more, just disappearing into thin air.
On Saturday I planted a
mini herb garden on the windowsill of my kitchen. Pictured here is my hopefully-blooming-soon-lavender. I also have cilantro, rosemary, mint, basil, and cayenne peppers. Jason doesn't seem to think they'll last very long. I really hope to prove him wrong.
On Sunday we went to Clark Park where I knitted to the beat of these guys' drums.
Monday's picture is of the Pennsylvania Hospital in center city -- the 1st Philadelphia/National hospital. I'm pretty sure Ben Franklin had something to do with it. It was around 11am when I left from my Dr.'s appointment and it took me a long time to try and convince myself to go to work. Oh yeah, I'm healthy and normal. I don't know why but I always get anxious when I go, even if it's just for a routine annual check up. Maybe it's the prevalent paranoia of our culture that is constantly looking for things to worry about... I always feel like there is some hidden obscure thing they're going to discover. Sad.
Anyway, the day was GORGEOUS!

04.23.07



04.22.07


04.21.07


04.20.07


04.19.07


04.18.07


04.17.07

No comments: