Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Week Twenty-five

I have a few oddballs this week that I feel I must explain.
First, for all you non-science-nerds Wednesday and Friday's pictured depict what few of us take part in during "down time". The first is an eppy-bomb encased in a larger tube for safety reasons (gosh that sounds super nerdy). An eppy-bomb is a small tube filled to capacity with dry ice. As the dry ice sublimates (believe me we have countless observers) the pressure builds up until the lid is literally blown off. The second is part of a series of "peep experiments" (there is much research in this field) where you subject the little guys to endless torture. Here it's going under the pressure test and, as previously observed by other groups, it grows to about double its size.
Although I understand the need to de-stress, I must clarify that I did not take part in any of these activities. Simply, I was an observer/recorder of such events.

The rest are a few pictures of the somewhat spring we are having around here. The magnolias/cherry blossoms (not pictured) are out but the winter coats are still lingering about. I think this year we'll just plunge right into summer. Here you see the mini LOVE sculpture on campus -- it's larger and rather famous sibbling (by Robert Indiana) is near city hall in JFK plaza/love park -- and the Rodin musseum with The Thinker at it's entrance.

Finally, my Saturday picture is the scene from the Walt Whitman Bridge (which turns 50 this year) and boy is it dreary. Sorry Megan, although not always the case, your hometown is dreary.

04.09.07


04.08.07


04.07.07


04.06.07


04.05.07


04.04.07


04.03.07

1 comment:

Alia Shields said...

poor little peep.