Tuesday, February 21, 2006

V-Day was great!

Better than I could have anticipated anyway. It kinda amazed me how even though I had heard most of the monologues they still had a noticeable impression on me. I laughed near tears in "My Angry Vagina" and the grand finally of "the Woman who loved to make Vaginas Happy". Moaning. Humans are such funny creatures. This year's Spotlight was Asia's Comfort Women -- women who were forced by the Japanese government into sexual slavery during WWII.
On a lighter note, greeting us into the auditorium was a giant vagina. It was a felt costume worn by some poor undergrad, his head was appropriately popping out where the clit would be, peddling chocolate vagina pops. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera (my description doesn't do it justice) or any money to bring back some chocolate vaginas for Jason, but Kevin and Andrea seemed to enjoy them very much.

Today is Kayla's 3rd B-day. She's growing up so fast. I hope she had a great one.

No comments: