Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's just not meant to be

OK, so I finished this a while ago (right before memorial day) and just have no desire to start talking about it right away. I wanted it done and out of sight for a while. Can you tell I'm disappointed? It looks beautiful, pretty much what I had envisioned in my head -- especially the sleeves that took me longer than I would have liked because of the color/needle changes along the pattern. The problem is when I try it on...
In this picture I'm cheating (holding the excess with my left hand). Lengthwise it's OK, maybe a little too long but nothing too terrible. It's width wise where the problem lies. Extremely too wide! I know, I know, I have no one to blame except myself. GAUGE, GAUGE, GAUGE! I was so good too, or so I thought. Checking every once in a while but I guess not often enough. Sadly, unless I use it as layering in the winter (it's actually pretty warm even as cotton, very dense cotton) I will never be able to show this beauty off. I honestly look awful in it, with all the lumps and what not. To think I followed the instructions for the XS.
My second failed attempt with this poor yarn and I have only weeks of agony to show for it. Heart breaking.
Perhaps the third time is the charm? The summer knitty issue is up.
Perhaps a sophie or a coachella?
Perhaps I'm not that much of a masochist?
Perhaps I should just forget it and go for the wisp or the chapeau marnier in a dark chocolate?

1 comment:

Alia in Wonderland said...

I vote for the sophie.