Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Here are a few picture of my 1/2 Afghan blanket. I haven't blocked it yet but I just couldn't resist to take pictures.


I think the color scheme worked pretty well and the yarn -- Knit Picks, Sierra -- was really nice to work with. It had a softness to it but was bulky enough not to be flimsy.

I'm actually not really looking forward to blocking this one and I'm using my lack of enough rust-free pins as an excuse.

Here is my favorite square: the popcorn stitch with the crochet finished edge.



The size is less than perfect but good as a legwarmer type blanket. Jason already got to use it yesterday. Sadly he was really sick with food poisoning...I stayed home to take care of him. He's doing much better now.

3 comments:

Alia in Wonderland said...

The blanket is adorable and I love the hat. Thank you!

pharbor said...

May I say it was CRAZY to run into you two at Whole Foods. I mean seriously? Come on!

va*les*ka said...

Yeah, I know. Who does their groceries on a Monday evening? Oh, right, you're from out of town.
It was actually a plesant surprise and maybe will occur more often...