Friday, January 25, 2008

Mystery Knitting

So, I've been knitting.
Thing is, it's all for other
people. Although I want to write about it, I don't want them to know what it is until I'm finished and have given it to them.
Here are a few sneak peaks of what I've been working on:

1)This is an accessory I just finished making. It's the first time I attempt to make something like this and am often puzzled why so many in the knitting community love to make this. I've decided that, although it was enjoyable and would make it again, I'm not that kind of knitter.


2)This is for a baby that is due two weeks before Stella. We don't know what gender it is, thus the neutral color. What cute little baby thing will it be?

3)This is for a baby that is due two weeks after Stella. Babies, Babies every where!!! Here we know it'll be a girl who's name is yet undetermined. Her parents affectionately call her CJ (long story). It's a pretty hot item on Ravelry. Everyone seems to be making this or at least they have it on their queue. I like the pattern because of it's simplicity which in turn lends itself to personalization. The possibilities are endless.

In other knitting news, I have the yarn for Stella's picot dress thanks to a generous Christmas gift certificate to Loop. One of the best gifts ever. I decided on a color that's between peach and melon. You'll see, I'll show you once I've started. I'd like to finish another one of the projects above before I get into making it though.

No comments: